Julie Tkachuk

Live Your Dream

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Do we need a marriage licence?

Yes, you do. Marriage licences are valid for three months from the date of issue and, for ceremonies held in Alberta, may be obtained from any Registry Office in the province. For detailed government information about getting a marriage licence, click here.

To find a Registry Office, click here.

Our ceremony will be held in Edmonton but we don't live there. How can we meet with you before our wedding day?
If you live outside of Edmonton, we could meet on Skype, Facetime or by phone.

We don't want a ceremony. Can you just sign the papers?
No, if you are having a destination wedding or just want two witnesses present, know that I do not (and cannot) just "sign papers". What I would be happy to do though is perform a condensed 10-minute or so ceremony for you.

How long does a full ceremony usually last?
Typically between 20 to 30 minutes.

We had a religious ceremony in another country but we want to have our marriage registered here. Can you officiate for us?
If your previous ceremony was a legal ceremony, I cannot officiate for you because you are already married. If it was a symbolic ceremony only, then yes I can officiate for you. 

We would like to have a friend or family member perform the ceremony, Can you just be present to sign the legal documents?
No, I must be the obvious person conducting the ceremony. A friend or family member could be included though by having him/her do a reading.
Do you perform same-sex marriages?
Yes, I do.

Is a rehearsal included in your fee?
Yes, it is. 

How much do you charge?
I like to first check my availability and I also require a few details about your ceremony. Click here to go to my Contact page and see what info I need.

Just for fun: In the days of old, the top tier of the wedding cake was to be placed under the couple's bed so that the bride would be fertile and bear strong children. After a year, the bride and groom would consume what was left of the cake for luck or health.      (Ewwwwww!!)

Home       About       Services       Photo Gallery       Testimonials       FAQ      Contact